How to Remove Duplicate Contacts From Android Phone. If you are one of those people like me who have swapped SIM cards, used couple of different backup apps, synced contacts may times with different account when it was unnecessary, or all of it! And in the end, got stuck with a phonebook that says the same name many times in a row. Or even worse, says the same number many times in different different locations
We are here with a process by which you can merge out all your duplicate contacts on your Android device. Because sometimes when you restore contacts from various sources, then there is an origin of duplicate contacts and which is very disturbing.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts From Android Phone:
The method is very easy and this can also be done with various Android app available freely on Play store that will let you remove out all the duplicate contacts that are of same details. So proceed with some simple steps below.
#Remove Duplicate Contacts Using Native Contacts App:
- This is not so quick and requires some efforts. But it’s safer and can be done without any additional apps. A choice for those who wants to save data or prevent apps from accessing sensitive data at all.
- Either way, this is the native method, an inbuilt feature of the Android OS. But unfortunately, not all the Android OS has this feature. If you are lucky, follow the steps.
- Open the ‘Contacts’ App.
- Tap the ‘Options’ button.
- It will open up a couple of options like Accounts, Import/Export, etc.
- Look for the term ‘Merge Accounts’. Tap on it.
- You will be asked for which accounts. Select ‘Google’ and click ‘Ok’ when asked.
- And that’s it! Duplicates are gone!
#Remove Duplicate Contacts Using Gmail To Merge Contacts:
If you don’t want to install some third party app to remove duplicate contacts then using Gmail would be a handy choice. You must have enabled the contact syncing with Gmail to access this feature.
You need to open your Gmail account and from the drop down you need to select “Contacts” and all your contacts will be displayed.
Now you need to click on Find Duplicates, and you can see all your duplicate contacts there. You just need to click on duplicate contacts and can delete it. Or you can simply merge it.
#Remove Duplicate Contacts Using App:
With Simpler you can easily merge all your duplicate contacts and quickly find the contacts your need
Step 1. First of all, you need to download and install Simpler Merge Duplicates.
Step 2. Now launch the app on your Android device and then this app will start scanning all the contacts on your Android device.
Step 3. Now you will see all the contacts that have their duplicate copies on your device.
Step 4. Just click on merge option and all the contacts with similar details and name will get removed from your device and only the unique copies of every contact will remain there.
That’s it! You are done, your all duplicate contacts with multiple copies gets removed or merged, and you will now see only unique contacts in your device.
Simple tool to see and delete duplicate contacts. You can see a list of contacts sorted by name or by number and you can select which to delete. The duplicate contacts are automatically selected. The removed contacts are saved on vcf file on sdcard.
Step 1. First of all, download and install Duplicate contacts app on your Android smartphone. Launch the app.
Step 2. Now it will ask you to allow Duplicated contacts to access your contacts. Simply tap on ‘Allow’ to continue.
Step 3. Now in the next step, it will ask you to Allow duplicate contacts to access photos, media, and files on your device. Allow it to continue.
Step 4. Now you need to swipe the app from left to right and there select the option ‘Show all’.
Step 5. Now the app will show you all the duplicate contacts. Here’s what you will see if the app finds any duplicate contacts, you can delete it directly from the app.
This application will deeply analyze your phonebook and bring it close to perfection. The built-in intelligence will surprise you. You can remove all duplicates and even find similar contacts.
- Remove all duplicates and even find similar contacts
- Every individual optimization function at your fingertips
- Edit Contacts feature with Move to account function
- Mass move of selected contacts between accounts
ZenUI Dialer & Contacts is an all-in-one contacts, dialer, and call log app that offers powerful phone call features enabling you to block calls from unknown callers and spam senders, use speed dial, link duplicate contacts, run smart search, view history with all important info and personalize your own theme on your dialer, call log, and contacts.
- Password-protect your contact list and address book history from prying eyes.
- Link same contact data from different accounts under one based on email addresses or phone numbers.
- 8 available number slots to instantly link with your important contacts from your phone dialer.
So above is all about How to Remove Duplicate Contacts From Your Android Device. With this method, you can solve out the problem of checking and deleting individual duplicate contacts in your device and consuming lots of time.
This method will work for you, just find the duplicate contacts and merge them all and saves your precious time. Hope you like our work, don’t forget to share it with your friends and leave a comment below.