How to Install TWRP Recovery And Root LG G4. LG G4 is well known Android device of LG Brand. This smartphone rated as top five mobile phones of 2015. As the popularity of this phone we expect large numbers of Android lover owned this great smartphone.
Android smartphone has so many restrictions by their manufacturer. We want our smartphone without any restriction .For that full control on our Android Phone, we must need to root our device.
In this tutorial we tell you How to Install TWRP Recovery And Root LG G4 easily:
#1. Install TWRP to you LG G4 (H815 Model)
Official TWRP recovery allows you to backups/restore the whole data/system/efs, flash custom ROM’s, install .zip mods, root, and much more.
- LG G4 device with unlocked bootloader.
- Adb and fastboot installed on your computer. (Download From Here)
- TWRP custom recovery File (Download from Here) (Only for H815, don’t try on any other model)
- LG driver installed on your PC and USB cable.(Download from Here)
Follow below steps:
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. (Go to Settings > About phone> Software info, tap Build number 7 times then you will see toast message “You are now a developer”, Back to main Settings screen, click on Developer options, then enable USB debugging.
- Connect your Phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Go to fastboot and adb folder then open a command window. To open command window hold Shift key + right click on an empty area, then click Open new command window here.
- Copy the downloaded twrp recovery image file to fastboot and adb folder and rename it to “twrp.img“.
- Type the following command “adb reboot-bootloader” (make sure your device’s screen is unlocked, tap OK once you see “allow USB debugging”).
- Now your Device will boot in Boot loader mode, Now type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” in Command window.
- Now type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your phone.
- Done, Now you have successfully installed TWRP custom recovery in your LG G4.
How to boot LG G4 in TWRP recovery mode:
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold Volume down and Power buttons until you see LG logo, then release Power button for 1 second then hold it again.
- A white screen will appear use Volume up/down to choose and Power to confirm your choice.(Warning-Select Yes only when you intalled TWRP or any other custom recovery on you Device, otherwise stock recovery will format your device to factory reset and all data of phone will erased) Press Yes to continue to TWRP recovery screen.
#2. Root your LG G4 using Custom Recovery:
Steps to Root LG G4 All Models Without Computer
- Download SuperSU zip file(Download File from Here)
- Copy this Super SU File to the internal storage of your LG G4.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode, (Press and hold Volume down and Power buttons until you see LG logo, then release Power button for 1 second then hold it again). You will see recovery menu. Now you are in the recovery menu.
- From Recovery goto install menu and locate to Supersu zip file from internal storage of you phone From and install this file. Swipe to confirm the installing process. The flashing process will take some time. After completion reboot your phone.
- That’s All, You have rooted your LG G4 successfully. Now you have full control on your LG G4.
Hope this article is use full for you. 🙂