How to Reset Windows 10 Admin Password. If You Forgot Windows Admin password then what you can do? The first thing will come in minds to tries to do a fresh re-installation of Windows or take the PC to a repair shop.
There are so many softwares to reset a forgotten password, but here we bring a simple hacks to reset forgotten Windows 7/8/10 password using the sticky keys method.
How Does This Hacking Method Work?
Sticky Keys is part of Windows Ease of Access features that allows a user to tap the Shift, Ctrl, Alt or Windows key once to achieve the same effect as holding the key down. If you press the SHIFT key 5 times in a row at Windows login screen, the Sticky Keys application (sethc.exe) will launch and ask if you want to enable sticky keys feature.
Also Check-Does Windows 10 need Antivirus? Why?
How to Reset Windows 10 Admin Password [Including Windows 8.1,8,7,Vista and XP].
This hacking method works by replacing the sethc.exe file with cmd.exe. When you boots to Windows login screen, pressing the SHIFT keys 5 times will launch an elevated Command Prompt.
From the Command Prompt, you have sufficient privileges to reset a lost password without knowing your current password. This method works flawlessly with all versions of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Any Linux Live CD/DVD/USB with Live option.If you don’t have one download any Linux distribution ISO file and Make a bootable CD/USB Or you can use Windows Windows 10 installation DVD.
- Basic knowledge of CMD (Command Prompt), Boot menu etc.
How To Hack Windows 10 Login Password?
- Insert the live CD/USB and boot from it. [You may need to turn off Secure Boot feature for UEFI BIOS]
- Locate the drive where Windows is installed. (C drive) Go to Windows/system32 folder.
- Find out a file named ‘cmd.exe’ and rename it to ‘cmd1.exe’
- Next find another file with the name ‘sethc.exe’ [It is the program for windows sticky keys] Rename sethc.exe to cmd.exe.
- Finally rename cmd1.exe to sethc.exe. [Swapping the sticky keys program with Command Prompt] So whenever Sticky Keys program is called it runs Ms DOS (CMD) and vice versa. ]
- Great! Now Shutdown and boot into Windows.
- When the log-in screen appears, press shift key five or six times periodically.
- Now the command prompt will open up. Type this without quotes and hit enter: “net users”
- Now you can see the list of active accounts [User Names] in the PC. Make a note of the Account Name you need to hack.
- Type the following command without quotes and hit enter: “net users <space><Account Name><space> NewPassword”
- For example: Net users Administrator Androfyi (User is”administrator” & Password is”Androfyi”)
Note: <space> means hit the space button. <Account Name> means replace it with the account you need to hack for example Administrator.
Done! You can login with the new password now.