How To Create Bootable PenDrive for All Operating System. We know that bootable USB drive is very handy in many situations like re-installing Windows operating system or recovering from window crash issue . There are several free tools available to create bootable Pendrive.
Here are few methods you can choose to Create Bootable PenDrive.
#1. Without Any Software:
You can create bootable USB drives of Windows setup without using any extra software. By following a few simple steps, you can make your own bootable USB drive to install Windows OS without any 3rd party software.
This manual method requires only 3 steps:
- STEP 1: Format USB drive (optional)
- STEP 2: Mount or extract Windows setup ISO file
- STEP 3: Copy Windows setup files to USB drive
Note: This method can be used to create bootable USB drive of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows8/8.1 and Windows 10. This method doesn’t work for Windows XP bootable USB drive.
Also Check-How to Reset Windows 10 Admin Password
Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool is an easy-to-use application that allows you to create a bootable USB drive or disc for installing the Windows 7/8/10 operating system. The program can also help you backup the installation files to a portable storage device and even install Windows from the device.
Steps To Make Pendrive Bootable
- Download the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool.
- Click on Start button and open WINDOWS USB/DVD DOWNLOAD TOOL from the program list.
- Type the path of the Windows ISO file in the Source File option. You can also Browse and the select the ISO file from that OPEN dialog box. Click on Next button.
- Attach the USB Device to the Desktop or Laptop and then select it to create the USB Flash Drive in it. You can also select the DVD disk to create a copy of it on DVD disk.
- If you are making pendrive bootable then select the USB DEVICE to create the copy on a USB Flash Drive. Or else select the DVD Disk if you are creating a copy on a DVD Disk.
- Now select the USB Device in the drop down list and click on BEGIN COPYING option to start the process.
- That’s done after finish you have Windows Bootable PenDrive.
Universal USB Installer aka UUI is a Live Linux Bootable USB Creator that allows you to choose from a selection of Linux Distributions to put on your USB Flash Drive. The Universal USB Installer is easy to use.
All you have to do is choose a Live Linux distribution and an ISO file. Then select your flash drive and click on install. Isn’t it really simple? With your preferred operating system, you can now make bootable pendrive so quickly.
Universal USB Installer has many other features which are as amazing as the installer if they are available. Once such installer is Persistence. Your USB drive should also be Fat16/32 or NTFS formatted, or else your syslinux will not work and you will not be able to make pendrive bootable.
Also Read-Does Windows 10 need Antivirus? Why?
Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc. It is much than Universal USB Installer or the Windows 7 USB download tool.
Steps To Make Pendrive Bootable:
- Open Rufus and select your USB stick in the ‘Device’ dropdown
- If your Pendrive isn’t automatically selected or maybe showing some other removable drive that means your computer is connected with more than one Pendrive and you’ll have to select the particular one by manually.
- After that click on the CD drive icon at the left side of “FreeDOS” tab and select your iso image which you want to transfer into your USB device. Click “Open” at just right after selecting your iso image
- Now, click on start button to start this ISO boot files transformation process and after that click on the “OK” button of warning confirmation message.
- Click on “close” button just after when it completes the ISO copying process.
The Windows Media Creation Tool will allow you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or Upgrade to Windows 10.
You’ll need a USB flash drive (at least 4GB, though a bigger one will let you use it to store other files), anywhere between 6GB to 12GB of free space on your hard drive (depending on the options you pick), and an Internet connection.
Step to Create Bootable Pendrive for Window 10:
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft Site.
- Run downloaded tool and you will see two option “Upgrade this PC now” and Create Installation Media for another PC. Choose “Create installation media for another PC” and hit the Next button.
- Pick your language and one of the following editions: Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Home N, Windows Home Single Language, Windows 10 Pro, or Windows 10 Pro N. The N variants only differ in the fact they don’t include Windows Media Player. Pick either 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) and Hit Next.
- The tool will now check that you have enough space on your hard drive, based on previous choices. If you don’t, you’ll have to start the process again.
- Now you you have to choose which media to use from “USF Flash Drive” and “ISO File” Keep the first option and insert your USB drive now. Hit Next.
- Pick your USB drive from the list. Remember, this process will overwrite everything on the drive. If you have data on the device, first move it to your computer, another USB device, or somewhere else, and then resume when you’re done. Hit Next.
- Windows 10 will start to download, which may take a while if you’re on a slow connection.
- You’re done. You can now install Windows 10 from your USB drive, either by booting from it or from within a current installation of Windows.
I hope this article will help you all to learn how to make Bootable Pendrive/USB. 🙂