Looking for a low budget mobile phones priced between Rs 5000 to Rs 7000? Choosing a smartphone in this price bracket can be quiet tricky because almost all of them offer similar features. Upcoming brands like Xiaomi, Huwaei and Micromax are providing tough competition to leading brands like Samsung, Sony and LG. In fact, when it comes to value-for-money, none of the popular brands come close to the specifications or features that Xiaomi or Lenovo offer.
Before we get down to listing the best mobile phones under Rs 7000, here are some points to remember before making your purchase:
- Smartphones that run Android and Windows OS smoothly are now available for as low as Rs 5000 – 6000.
- Android is the most popular operating system and screen-size of 4.5 to 5 inches is popular in this price range.
- Manufacturers like Motorola, Huwaei, Asus, Xiaomi sell their phones exclusively on online stores like Flipkart. Most of their popular phones are not available in the local market. It’s safe to purchase phones online, almost all online retailers have the ‘Cash On Delivery’ option. So you can pay only after you get your phone delivered to your house or office.
- After the success of Redmi 2 Prime, Xiaomi has launched it’s new budget smartphone called as Redmi 3S which comes in 2 variants, 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage and 2GB RAM with 16GB storage. The 2GB RAM is priced at Rs 7000 and 3GB RAM is priced at Rs 9000
- The phone comes in a full metal body, looks similar to Redmi Note 3. The phone looks very premium for 7000 Rs. It is available in 3 colours : Dark grey, silver and Black
- Sports a 5 inch HD display and it is one of the best displays under Rs 7000, the colours are vibrant and perfect.
- The snapdragon 430 chipset with 2GB RAM is efficiently fast and doesn’t lag. The Adreno 505 GPU does a good job at gaming, the games can be played without any lag. Although we did notice some minor lag while playing high end games.
- 16GB storage with expandable memory upto 128GB
- It’s a dual sim phone( Hybrid) which supports 4G
- MIUI 7 with Android Marshmallow 6.0 runs smoothly.
- Both 13MP rear and 5MP front take decent pictures, the camera interface is simple and takes good pictures.
- Speaker and call quality are decent for the price
- Good battery life with 4100 mAh, lasts for 2 whole days with minimum usage.
- Excellent value for money
- Phone feels light while holding
- No negatives as such, need to test further
- Lenovo had launched Lenovo Vibe k5 Plus recently for Rs 8699 and now they have introduced Lenovo Vibe K5 for Rs 7000. Although there isn’t much difference between the two, the only major difference being the display resolution and the processor, Lenovo K5 comes in a 5 inch HD display with 291 ppi. The display looks good for the price.
- The plastic build with metal bezels, and it comes in colours – silver, grey and gold. The phone feels solid to hold considering it is just Rs 7000.
- The dual dolby speakers are loud and clear and is also one of the best features in the phone
- It is a dual sim device and both support 4G
- The snapdragon 415 with 2GB RAM performs well and is mostly lag free, however the phone does tend to heat up while browsing.
- The phone runs on Android 5.1 lollipop with Vibe UI. Although it is simple to operate it does lack some of the features that Vibe UI offers in Lenovo Vibe X3.
- 13MP back and 5MP front camera takes decent pictures, although not great but decent for the price.
- 16GB Internal storage with expandable memory upto 32GB
- Value for Money
- Games like sub way surfer, temple run and some mid end games can be played without any lag.
- Support USB On to go which helps you to transfer the files.
- The battery is user replacable.
- Doesn’t have fingerprint sensor
- The battery is average, hardly lasts for a day with moderate usage.
- The capacitive buttons are not back lit
- Exclusively available on amazon.in and you will need to register and buy only through flash sales.
- Phone tends to heat up while browsing.
- The phone comes in a 5.5 inch HD display. The viewing angles are great with good colour reproduction.
- This premium looking phone with metallic build looks and feels good to hold.
- The phone comes with Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53. The phone operates decently with 3GB RAM.
- It also comes with Android Marshamallow 6.0 with CoolUI 8.0.The phone has got lot of bloatware.
- 8MP rear camera takes crisp pictures in outdoor condition
- The 2500 mAh battery can last for a day.
- Any mid- end games and some high- end games can be played without any lag.
- 16GB internal storage with 32GB external storage
- Good call quality and reception
- Supports OTG (can transfer files through USB)
- The capitative buttons are not present in the phone.
- Takes average selfie and low lighting pictures.
- Non removable battery
- We did experience some heating issue with the phones
- Comes with Hybrid sim slot, that supports either one sim with Micro Sd Card or both the sim cards
- Unlike Coolpad Note 3 Lite, this phone doesnt come with Fingerprint Sensor
- Average Speakers
- Although the phone is made up of plastic build, it feels and looks premium
- Sharp 5 inch HD display, although whites appear to be a little dull.
- Comes with Android Lollipop 5.0
- The performance of the phone with 2GB RAM is as good as that of a mid budget phones
- Light weight (131 Grams)
- Best 13MP rear camera under Rs 7000
- Fairly good video quality
- Excellent battery backup (2500 mAh), comes for a day with moderate usage.
- 16GB internal memory with 128GB expandable memory
- Performance in terms of gaming is quiet decent with no heating issue
- Dual standby sim (one nano sim slot and other one can be used for micro SD or Nano sim)
- Both sim cards Support 4G
- Comes in a Asahi Dragontrail Glass protection (as good as Corning Gorilla Glass)
- Excellent value for money
- Service could be a problem, if you don’t have a service centre nearby.
- Custom UI (takes time to get used to it)
- The plastic build makes the phone look good
- Bright 5 inch HD display with good colour reproduction
- Dual Stereo speakers which produces good music
- Although it’s a dual sim device only one sim supports 4G, the other one supports 2G
- Good camera with 8MP rear and 2MP front but not as good as Coolpad Note 3 Lite or Xioami Redmi 2 Prime
- The snapdragon 410 chipset is fast enough to play games ans switch apps without any hanging problems.
- 16GB internal storage with upto 32GB expandable memory card slot
- Removable battery
- Lightweight (128 grams)
- At 7000, Lenovo A6000 plus is good phone to buy.
- No Gorilla Glass protection
- User Interface not as smooth as Redmi 2
- Average battery life (2300 mAh)
|Redmi 3s||Vibe K5||Coolpad Mega 2.5D||Meizu m2||Lenovo A6000 Plus|
|Display Size||5 inch||5 inch||5.5 inch||5.0 inch||5 inch|
|Display Resolution||720 x 1280||720 x 1280||720 x 1280||720 x 1280||720 x 1280|
|Dimensions||139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm||142 x 71 x 8 mm||153 x 76.8 x 7.85||140.1 x 68.9 x 8.7 mm||141 x 70 x 8.2 mm|
|Weight||144 grams||142 grams||143 grams||131 grams||128 grams|
|OS||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow||Android 5.1 Lollipop||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 5.1 Lollipop||Android 4.4.4 KitKat|
|CPU||Snapdragon 430||Snapdragon 415||MediaTek MT6735P||Mediatek MT6735||Snapdragon 410|
|GPU||Adreno 505||Adreno 405||Mali-T720 MP2||Mali-T720MP2||Adreno 306|
|RAM||2 GB||2 GB||3 GB||2 GB||2 GB|
|Storage||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB|
|MicroSD card||up to 256 GB||up to 32 GB||up to 32 GB||up to 128 GB||up to 32 GB|
|Back Camera||13 MP||13 MP||8 MP||13 MP||8 MP|
|Front Camera||5 MP||5 MP||8 MP||5 MP||2 MP|
|Battery||4100 mAh||2750 mAh||2500 mAh||2500 mAh||2300 mAh|